8/25/2008

Leyenda

My favourite classical guitar piece is Leyenda by Issac Albeniz. Leyenda means legend in Spanish (it's also called Asturias, because a confused musician thought is was from Asturia in northern Spain, when it is really from Andalusia in southern Spain). It is also one of the few classical songs that I can play (well, attempt to play) on the guitar. I have made Leyenda my new clip of the month, since I think this particular version is very well done (there are at least 5 or 6 others on youtube, though).

Watching the video makes me want to go buy nylon strings and re-string my Yamaha classical guitar, but I just shelled out the money for strings on my Norman accoustic. If practicing becomes a habit again, maybe I'll fork out the cash. Who am I kidding? September is right around the corner. I'll be lucky to get off another blog post between then and Christmas knowing me!

No comments: