8/18/2007

Walk

I went for a walk this morning (if you're looking at the post time, you're probably wondering how early this walk was...6-7am, not that early) to clear my head and spend some time in prayer after reading my bible. A half hour in, I found myself in a neighbourhood not to far from here that is mostly made up of small apartment complexes with the odd house here and there. (It seemed to me that the "here" houses were all really well maintained, and the "there" houses were scrap piles, half of which were for rent.) And again, I found myself oddly attracted to the neighbourhood. I have this incredible desire to buy one of the apartment buildings, live in one apartment and rent out the rest. This is plainly ridiculous as we just bought a house a few months ago, and I have no intention of moving. Still, the desire was there after having conversed with God about how to impact the city and neighbourhood more.

I will say that I am a little adrift as to career path and purpose. Not in the sense that there is a lack of passion or pleasure. However, I am much more used to having and pursuing a goal. I am starting my Master's in education part time in a couple of weeks, but even with that I want to pick up some courses towards an MTS or MA in Theology. With my job description changing and our role at church shifting to apprenticing a small group, I suppose this year will hold enough challenges of its own! (Not to mention marriage and homeownership - yikes!) Keep trusting in Christ Jesus.

No comments: