8/12/2007

Thank you, Jason Bourne.

I watched The Bourne Ultimatum yesterday. A good action movie with some interesting themes, and raising some interesting questions. Do we have free will? Who determines our destiny? What is our real identity?

There's something very compelling (and Matrix-like) about Bourne's ability to analyze situations and solve problems - while physically destroying his enemies - that appeals to my innate desire to do the same. But c'mon, a little bit of blood, burn marks and fatigue would have made Matt Damon a little more believable and able to relate to!

I was also impressed at the strong female characters in the movie - Julia Stiles' character, Nicky, was resolute and strong willed (even if a tad boring). I haven't read the books, so I will have to look into whether there is more to the relationship between her and Bourne, as alluded to in the film. (Director's cut, here we come!)

The titles in the series have also given me an idea for a new series of articles. The 3-part series will be coming out in the next few weeks.

No comments: